Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Hardware: ASIC, FPGA, SoC, PCB, Analog/Digital, etc.
- Software: Embedded, Applications, Mobile, Cloud, IT, Testing/SQA
- IT: Networking, Software, Cloud, Web, ERP, BI, DW, Software
- Other: Mechanical, CAD, CAM, and much more!
- Consultants / Contractors
- Full-time Employees
ASICSoft works directly with Engineering/IT Managers for their team’s success. Additionally, we work with several MSP / VMS / HR programs. So, we are happy to support your company within whatever process you have established.
Permanent position for Embedded Firmware Engineer to be based in San Diego, CA
- BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent degree required.
- Mastery of the C programming language.
- Understanding of real time scheduling and synchronization concepts.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and datasheets and to collaborate in design input and reviews.
- Technical leadership skills, with the ability to lead small project and/or in-discipline teams. Preferred Qualifications
- Complete product lifecycle experience including early concept work and successful transfer of designs into manufacturing.
- Experience with electrical components such as ADC, DAC, Stepper & DC motors, Image sensors, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, USB, CAN.
- Experience with ARM processors or other microprocessor architectures such as PIC, Microblaze.
- Experience with an embedded RTOS such as ThreadX, LynxOS, QNX.
- Understanding of TCP/IP network protocols and programming of network servers and clients.
- Experience with the GNU software development toolchain including gcc, binutils, and gnumake.
- Use of source code management (SCM) tools (Subversion, Git, Perforce, etc.).
- Familiarity with Linux as a desktop/development environment.
- *nix Scripting languages such as Bash, Python, TCL.
- Experience with hardware description languages (Verilog or VHDL), and CPLD, FPGA, and/or ASIC devices
Job Status: Full Time