IC Validation Engineer
LOCATION: San Jose
DURATION: Permanent (Contract will be considered)
TITLE: IC Validation Engineer
- Characterizing multiple channel, high speed, optical transceivers based on Si-Photonics technology. Also, sub-components and IC's including drivers, receivers and re-timers
- Main responsibility with be validating PCB design, executing component validation, and sub-system development for integrated testing
- Validation testing including Optical and RF performance characterization and compliance testing, firmware compliance, and safety compliance
- Defining HW and SW specs for the development of test stations for product testing of high complexity silicon photonic products
- Test tracking and documentation
- Ability to characterize silicon and use equipment such as BERTS, HSO, VNA, etc
- Experience testing Optical Modules, mixed signal IC's, and/or RFIC's
- Experience with optical transceiver characterization tests
- Experience testing 100/400g transceivers
- Good knowledge of common high-speed serial data protocols(NRZ, PAM4) and system standards (CAUI-4/CAUI-8) in wireline communications
- Well experienced with IC or Optical packaging tech
- Strong debugging and root cause analysis skills
- Experience with Transceiver product NPI and ramp-up. Able to debug and isolate manufacturing line issues.
- Technically competent and thorough enough to assert the pass/fail status of validation testing internally as well as potentially communicate results to customers.
- Understanding of complete transceiver architecture - board, component, software, optical components and packaging.